It's been about three weeks since I started my new assignment. Building a new program provides a lot of learning curve. But starting from scratch allows me to start it the way I envision an organization should be. I can't believe I am getting paid to do this!
I am heading up the Liaison and Training office, responsible for training different HR offices in many organizations. So far it is me and another person working with me. He has more years than I have time in so he has the experience and I provide the...what do I provide? Oh yeah, the fresh look into things...Actually, I enjoy consulting and collaboration more than anything. I'm collecting data right now and will compile everything so our office is structured properly and organized.
I recently found out that many of my friends will be leaving this summer as they go off to the assignment I was hoping to get. The great thing is they will all be going to the same place together. It will be different being left here by myself. But I'm sure things will work out as usual. I did ask some of them already to look for some really good blankets!
Not sure yet if I am getting the boot. It won't be official until June when I find out who they decide to lay off. In the meantime, it's work as usual. Nothing for me to really be stressed about. I am preparing my resume and planning to leave. It's better to be prepared than be caught off guard.
Till later...
No comments:
Post a Comment