Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Early Election

I went to register at the Salt Lake County Clerk's office on 2100 South and State Street. I was directed to talk to the two college guys working the early election counter.

As I got up to talk to them, I asked "I'm here for a student loan?"

They both looked at each other with confused and dazed look. He didn't know what to say so he called the other lady I first spoke to. The three of them came to the counter and I couldn't help but break out laughing. I had to repeatedly tell them that I was only joking and I was here to vote.

They have the new electronic system which I highly prefer over the old paper system. I still don't understand why I have to register to one party. Why can't I just choose who I think is the better candidate without affiliating with a party? I guess that's something I'll have to change once I become president...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jerome,

You're hysterical! And congratulations on your new job! My sister lives in Turnbery--Alaina Wilcock. Maybe you've already met her. Tell her hello for us when you do meet her. Small world.

Annisha (Jeremy's wife)

JRome said...

Hysterical? Thanks!!

I haven't met her yet, but that's just me being a hermit.

The Germain Family said...

You are so funny. You need to registar as an independant then you can go BOTH WAYS!!! oh yah. Love ya J-ROME

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...