Wednesday, July 29, 2009

June/July 09 Update

June went by so fast that I didn't have time to do anything. Especially since I took this month to catch up with my work load.

Work is undeniably enjoyable. I have an awesome boss who respects and trusts my opinions. My volunteer responsibilities at the Red Cross is being incorporated into my full-time position here at work. This is such a rare opportunity that I really am lost for words.

What are my responsibilities with the Red Cross? I am a member of the Disaster Response Team, an Assistant Team Leader for Emergency Shelter Management and also one of the Public Information Officers.

I am now the Red Cross liaison for the University when it comes to Emergency shelter management, a program which we are developing from the ground up here at the U.

I've attended many Red Cross training during my regular work hours and my boss has been very, very supportive of my participation.

What are my responsibilities at work?
My job title is: Training and Development Coordinator.

I facilitate the training and development of training programs for the department of Environmental Health and Safety on campus. One of my projects is an educational video on Emergency Evacuation. I work with experts in getting it produced so you can think of me as a project coordinator as well.

Grad school starts again in August 24. I'm glad that it's here so I can finish sooner but I'm also sad that as soon as I started enjoying my summer, it went by so fast.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...