Friday, May 31, 2013

May 2013 Update- Mutton Hollow and Graduation


I got reconnected with a dear friend. We had a late lunch and drove back to their home. I was fascinated by the street sign:



For some reason the street name sounds familiar... can't put my finger on it. But oh well.  I am intrigued though with how streets or towns receive their name. I looked it up online but could not find any source that offered to explain the origins of these small town's name.

Maybe that's the anthropologist (novice-- a very, very, very, very novice if I was one) in me. 

It really is great to reconnect with dear folks from the past.


Another month comes and goes and here are just some of the highlights:
  • Finally passed my entrance test for Utah State's Alternative Teacher Preparation program. After taking the math portion of the test three times, I finally made it! This opportunity opens up so many more options for me and I am excited to see what's ahead.
  • On May 31, I watched many of the seniors I've worked with walk to receive their high school diplomas. It was an amazing experience to see the students with their families get the recognition they deserve. 
  • The student speakers were amazing! They spoke with such sincerity that I could not hide my enthusiasm. Who am I kidding-- I am not very adept at hiding my enthusiasm. The student speakers were much better than the guest speaker... don't tell anyone but I fell asleep during that part of the program. 
  • Graduation ceremony was held at the Egyptian Theater in downtown Ogden. Here's one of the amazing students I got to work with:


I have no idea why my mouth is open. There are times when I am asked if I am stoned in my photos. This one looks like what I really look like-- enthusiastically happy for graduation!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...