Links
- Lt. K
Military personnel, Airman, Soldier, Marine, and Seaman are unique. Many have been quite inspiring to meet. They do their work regardless of praise and recognition. They do it because they they have to. Most though have inspired me. I have met Airman Snuffy from the small town of Montana who with his friend, decided to play a little ball right after their midnight shift. I saw a father with his wife and young child salute the flag when the national anthem played. I've seen people stop a game of football while the anthem played. But most of all, I've seen people work hard whether others see them or not. It is an eye opener indeed as I see people do their job well despite the fact that they won't get paid more for their actions. They do it because they love the job. I've befriended some of these wonderful people and what a treat it is to have been taken under their wings. Don't get me wrong, like any other organizations, it has its flaws. It's ran by ordinary people, yet the job requires extraordinary commitment.
I've seen a mother of four support her young family while her husband is gone for several months in a country that I can't even pronounce. I salute her and many others like her for supporting their spouse. Truly these are the unsung heroes.
It's been such a learning experience and I look forward for more. I've met people I'd like to emulate and those that have shown me what not to be like. It's good to be here.