January just came out of nowhere! I was trying to keep this blog updated monthly but as you can tell it hasn't had any new information since November. Well, so what's new with me?
A week before Thanksgiving weekend, our branch (congregation) traveled to Tokyo to attend District Conference and also go to the Tokyo Temple. A couple from our branch chose to be married for time and eternity and many were privileged to be a part of that special event. The bus took about 8 hours and it wasn't that bad of a ride. On the way back to Misawa, I slept on the floor instead of cramping myself on the seat.
The trip to Tokyo is a welcomed respite from work.
Tokyo has its own beauty. A forest of skyscrapers and out of place batches of trees covered the city. I walked downtown and enjoyed the busy-ness of it all. I did enjoy riding the trains though.
While in Tokyo, I also met a wonderful girl.
A few months before the trip, my friends told me of a friend they have living in Tokyo. I was very reluctant about not being set up on a blind date. As some of you may have experienced, blind dates usually never go well. Especially the ones I've experienced. I've had more than enough blind dates to realize that just because your friends say that "you two have so much in common" doesn't equate to an instant success. I cringe every time I hear someone tell me "I have a friend that you should go out with."
I finally consented to it but because I had waited too long, the blind date was never established. My friend gave me her phone number and I ended up calling her, actually, I had someone call her home to get her cellphone number. I finally did and spent a day in Tokyo together.
I enjoyed hanging out with her and seeing Tokyo at the same time. It was just nice to meet and make another friend.