Here's what happened to me last week, but before I list them, for my birthday I'm buying Erin's book- Memoirs of a Gaijin. See Erin's Adventures link on this page for more info.
There is nothing more heart-pumping than seeing a semi-trailer weave onto your lane in a very narrow freeway. I pulled into the nearest exit to avoid the driver.
Saturday, I had an interview with Westridge Boys and Girls Ranch. It'll be a weekend job, working 40 hours. The shift starts Friday afternoon until Sunday night. It'll pay $1500 a week.
Friday- I took the missionaries to dinner at Maddox, a local family owned restaurant in Perry, Utah. A gentleman sitting across from us called my name. Surprised, it turned out to be the gentleman I bought the car from a couple of days ago. He insisted on paying for our dinner. Without hesitation, he pulled out his card and gave it to the server. I pleaded with the server to deny his offer but turns out someone else paid for our dinner.
On Thursday, I purchased a 1998 Subaru Outback for a very good price. I replaced the started on Saturday with the help of a friend. Interesting fact, my first car in college was a 1988 Subaru Legacy. It's interesting how 10 years have changed a car. I wonder how much I've changed in 10 years.
Tomorrow, I'm meeting with a Victim Advocate in Orem to find out some more job leads. I will also be looking for an apartment.
But I'm still concentrating on finding a job as a Corporate Trainer. I met with a manager at the University of Utah, and she gave me some pointers on my resume. The other job told me I shouldn't focus alot of energy into the job as they already have a candidate in mind. It was good to hear an honest response. This will allow me to spend more time in other venues.
So far, I average 200 miles of commuting everyday. Gas is expensive.
3 comments:
Holy crap! 200 miles! You should be flying back and forth to work...except airplane fuel is expensive too.
Jerome, it was aso good to hear from you and catch up with whats going on in your life. We talk of you often and fondly in Misawa take care. The Davis Family
Congrats on the Subaru!! $1500 / week is pretty dang good cash!!! Especially for working Friday afternoon to Sunday night??? Wow, that is WAY good cash!!
Let me know how that goes!!
Post a Comment