Sunday, May 06, 2012

May 2012- I woke up one morning and said why not...



Yup. So I drove down and did just that.  I thought I'd be more nervous but I experienced quite the opposite. It was a really peaceful feeling.

 I can honestly say I enjoyed it more than I thought I would! Especially since I'm really not a big fan of heights.

But I admit to actually enjoyed jumping out of a small plane more than hiking (-er crawling) to the top of Angel's Landing!










Giving  thumbs up to say "I'm a-okay!"

He said "lift your legs" and never told me to stand up so I landed hard on the ground. Hard. So hard that my bum left a cracked imprint on the ground. My guide even said "Wow. That's actually the first time I've seen that happen."

Either I just have an enormous bum or we really hit the ground hard.

Oh, I don't know if I should say this but two drops before me, my guide almost lost his life.

The first one, the chute got tangled up so he had to cut the cords and use his emergency cute. No wonder he was quite rattled. And me joking with him about dying didn't really help.

The guy he took right before me actually threw up on him so he wasn't really in the best of mood. 

So towards our landing when he asked if I wanted to do some tricks, I said "uh, I don't think that's a good idea right now as I don't want to get sick."

He was more than willing to comply.

But as you can see he is a professional by that smile he has on his face.



On my drive home from Moab later that evening, I hit a deer.

You can still see a piece of his or her fur attached to my headlights. I couldn't find Bambi, here's hoping he or she turned out to be okay.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...