Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Moving day

In 3 hours, my furniture, provided rent free for the past three years by the U.S. Air Force, are all being picked up. Tomorrow, my household goods will be packed and shipped to Benicia, California where it will sit for 6 months. Enough time to find me a place in Utah. I'm alloted 12K lbs but not even close. I decided against buying any furniture as moving will be more costly (once I turn civilian) and annoying. As much as I wanted to buy the bamboo sofa set, I opted not to.

So what have I accomplished or will accomplish in two hours before they arrive? Hopefully finish my laundry and packing them in suitcases. Although the movers will do them for me, I thought it would be best if I did it myself. Besides, the rug underneath all my clothes are being picked up today including the washer and dryer, the fridge, stove, bed, tables, sofa, cabinet, dresser, bookcase as well.

I've got friends who will help me clean tomorrow. Hopefully I get my deposit back. But it doesn't look like it.

There is nothing more embarrassing than having your landlord and the real estate agent completing a pre-inspection and telling you:

"You're being charged for this, that and that...".

All I could say is yes, I caused that scratch on the floor, and yes I tried to attach a hammock from the ceiling and yes that's why the walls and the moldings have holes.

Yes, those are my handprints on the wall. I was grilling when I went back to get some more food when I slipped and had to lean on the wall for support. Yup, those are my handprints.

Five months of not cleaning does have negative effects, as pointed out by the blanket of dust and cobwebs. Wow, it sounds like I'm a slob.

So what am I taking with me from Japan, if not furniture? Memories. A bunch of them. And also alot of items from the 100 yen store. And oh, I got me a sword. What else can a really old teenager wants? (That's what some of the kids at Church called me the other day. I love those kids!)

They also said I actually look thirty now with my goatee. I also was told I look like thug, amongst others, but as I have become accustomed to my goatee, I'm shaving it off tomorrow for my brother's promotion. I'm wearing my uniform so he'd salute me for the first and last time. He's been good at avoiding me.

Well, my help arrived. Three of my friends kids are working on my yard, removing the weeds and cleaning my garage. Gotta go.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...