Sunday, August 05, 2007

Slack day Saturday

I believe Hop explains it better than I can. Click on the title above and it will take you to his blog.

My day yesterday was spent wisely at Shimoda Mall. I'm not a big fan of malls, never was and never will. But yesterday, I enjoyed walking around doing my best to blend in. I never get to do that so I did. No one knew me, no one noticed me. I ate Katsu-Kare. Fried breaded pork in Japanese curry and rice. It's my new favorite Japanese food.

My efforts to blend in worked. Until someone tried to talk to me.

Another thing that is on my list of things to do is to watch a movie during day hours and see what the Japanese do in malls. The mall was packed and so was the cinema.

I wasn't disappointed.

It's a very different experience.

I arrived late and since seats are assigned, I didn't feel like walking across a bunch of people. Not a big fan of crowded places, let alone sitting packed for two and half hours surrounded by very reserved people.

I found an empty seat on the aisle and hoped no one was assigned to it. In my best Japanese, I asked the attendant:

"Empty seat-o. Ok, me there?"

He said "ok".

The place was packed but one couldn't really tell. It was so quiet. There was someone laughing, and due to some surprising scenes, an occasional yell or surprised gasps.

I looked around and realized that I was the only one loudly reacting to what I was watching. I wasn't really yelling, it was more of a surprised cheer. There's a reason why I don't watch scary movies.

But since I had just watched Harry Potter the night before, I was more prepared.

I enjoy my anonyminity despite my personality denying that privilege. But when given the opportunity, I enjoy the outdoors and being with people. Next week, I plan on seeing more of the northern island. I will officially have no use of a car, so I will be riding my pedal bike more and using public trans.

I also tried something new the other day. There was a pod video game. Didn't know how to play it but jumped in and put some coins to start the game. It's a pod with a seat and a 180 degree view of the actual game. I got killed a few times. I got tired of it easily. Decided that money is better spent on some food.

Those that know me best know how introverted I used to be and can still be. There are times when I revert back to that. Yesterday was that day. I really get uncomfortable having the spotlight on me, so I do my best to enjoy being anonymous as much as I can.

This Saturday, I look forward to driving around one more time to places I've never been before. I'm excited to be see and be in places I've never been before.

To answer some of your questions: I don't get lost, never been lost...just gone exploring to many places.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...