Umid (without an H) and I parted ways tonight. After reviewing my options and my budget, going to Kyoto was over my planned budget. I only paid $57 dollars out of pocket to go to Hiroshima, Hawaii and Utah. I am very fortunate that things are working to my benefit and not too complicated.
I decided to stay in Hiroshima and stay at another hostel. It really feels like a mini hotel. The staff are polite and they beat any motel and hotel service back in the mainland. Trust me, I've stayed at a few motels. One in Seattle, Washington comes to my mind. After walking around the city, I came back and found my suitcases and clothes gone. So I went to the reception desk and told them "I think I got robbed". When they asked why, I told them all my suitcases and clothes are gone. They asked for my room number and said "Oh no. You weren't robbed. We took your stuff because we didn't think you were coming back."
Apparently, that happens too frequently. People staying then leaving without paying. Remind me never to go to that motel again!
So this morning, as I waited for Umid, I decided to flip through the channels. And ladies and gentlmen, I am in love. Yes, you heard it here first. I AM IN LOVE! Let me introduce her to you:
I think she's singing about me, looking for me she is...
I don't know her name but does it really matter? We live under the same moon. Oh, why am I leaving Japan now. There's so little time. But this video I will hold forever dear...
I could be breaking some infringement laws here but when you're in love you gotta take risks at times, right?
I also found the following clip fascinating. I laughed so hard and found myself singing along. There is no better sign than singing along to music in a language one doesn't know.
I decided to stay in Hiroshima and stay at another hostel. It really feels like a mini hotel. The staff are polite and they beat any motel and hotel service back in the mainland. Trust me, I've stayed at a few motels. One in Seattle, Washington comes to my mind. After walking around the city, I came back and found my suitcases and clothes gone. So I went to the reception desk and told them "I think I got robbed". When they asked why, I told them all my suitcases and clothes are gone. They asked for my room number and said "Oh no. You weren't robbed. We took your stuff because we didn't think you were coming back."
Apparently, that happens too frequently. People staying then leaving without paying. Remind me never to go to that motel again!
So this morning, as I waited for Umid, I decided to flip through the channels. And ladies and gentlmen, I am in love. Yes, you heard it here first. I AM IN LOVE! Let me introduce her to you:
I think she's singing about me, looking for me she is...
I don't know her name but does it really matter? We live under the same moon. Oh, why am I leaving Japan now. There's so little time. But this video I will hold forever dear...
I could be breaking some infringement laws here but when you're in love you gotta take risks at times, right?
I also found the following clip fascinating. I laughed so hard and found myself singing along. There is no better sign than singing along to music in a language one doesn't know.
I wanted to post more of what I saw as I flipped through the channels but the computer has been slow. It took 40 minutes to upload the dancing cats... But one news story covered floods in the Aomori Prefecture (I just came from there and didn't realize the severity of the wet weather). Another channel was covering a murder scene. How did I know it was a murder scene? They had the diagram of a body on the ground. News stories are fascinating to watch. Very personal and very dramatic.
No comments:
Post a Comment