- When a belt is not enough, use shoulder straps to keep your pants up.
- Before throwing a bucket of supplies into a 10 X 10 hole, make sure that the lid is secure.
- A mouse is not a hamster and should not be confused for one.
I've enjoyed working at my friend's remodeling company. It's hard work and I love it! I get to tan :) But more than that, I am learning a skill that will be used someday.
I got to use the jack hammer. It rebelled against me and whacked me over the head. Wow, did that wake me up! I was drilling a hole above my head and my boss had to help me with it.
Thank goodness he is a patient man!
But it's a good feeling knowing that I helped build the foundation for this couple's house. I won't be there to finish all the work but I will see it in 6 months when it's finished.
I have fun working with him even if it's only temporary.
I woke up one morning and heard tapping on my window. It was dark and so I opened it, only to find something furry edged between the window pane and the screen. It was the cutest hamster ever. As a reflex, I closed the window, and went upstairs to ask the owners, if they owned a hamster. He asked: What's a hamster? A furry little animal that's stuck in my window.
That's not a hamster! That's a mouse! We went down to my room, he with a stick and me behind him. I asked if we could find a box instead to put him in and throw him away. But he wasn't there when we came back. So I didn't get to see any bloods or guts. I would have puked and had nightmares!
The next night, he woke me up again, this time the tapping was louder. The following morning, I found a big white cat by my window.
Yesterday, the owner dropped some poison in my window well and found a nest that mouse had been building. Apparently, he too was cold. Haven't seen him in awhile. I'll let you know if he wakes me up again. Or should I have a funeral for him instead?
No comments:
Post a Comment