Monday, September 22, 2008

Church and my neighbors

I offended someone at Church yesterday. The guy said I was too forward. I was collecting people's contact information and had earlier offered him a ride when I saw him walking (he declined), I was also there to greet him at Church. I don't know why he was offended but it was his first day attending our meetings and did not want to turn him off from coming back. My repeated attempts of talking to him and apologize didn't succeed though.

He may have been having a bad day. I'm sure he had his reasons and don't want to make light of the situation but next time, I'm proposing that everyone wear placards or have an electronic emitter with a warning notice: "I get offended when...fill in the blank", it would surely help me out.

My new neighbors are awesome! Their apartment (in the same complex) got flooded. A broken pipe left 4 inches of water so the management moved them into the vacant apartment next to me. They are originally from Russia but moved from New York to Salt Lake, and have a 4-year old daughter who only speaks Russian. I am excited and hope they can teach me how to cook some Russian dishes. Even if it is only one Russian dish.

I made them spaghetti for dinner last night as they didn't have time to make dinner as they were still busy with the move. I think they liked it. I had to leave so I left my door open and left the food on my kitchen counter for them to get it after their errands.

Oh, I've also rearranged our living room again. My roommates are adjusting very well as this is my third time doing so. They're really great guys and one of the many things I like about having them as my apartment mates is they're very low maintenance. No drama and no baggage that hinder our living arrangements.

So far, within my apartment complex, I've met 3 families from India (one is a chemistry professor at the U), another from the Middle East and now 2 families from Russia. I also got re-acquainted with the Active Duty Air Force SSgt that lives on the second floor.

It's nice to meet them as they are all very friendly and welcoming.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...