I just realized that many of my friends while I was in college have either become doctors, dentists, or therapists.
I wonder if having to associate themselves with me had any influence in convincing them on their choice of career fields...
![]() |
I found this seafood place in SLC to eat at for my birthday. It was okay but that didn't stop me from enjoying my meal.
|
![]() |
As many of you know, I tend to shy away from traditions. So after finding a seafood place here in SLC (which was okay) I decided to make this for Thanksgiving along with the traditional turkey
|
I deactivated my Facebook account this month.
I've been asked why.
Honestly, I don't really have a specific response or reason to it.
Who knows, I might re-activate it again. But when that is I have no idea.
Work has been really good. I enjoy working with the students and especially the relationships I've formed with my colleagues, the students and their parents. Discussing ways to help their child progress academically have provided me with diverse experiences. Each of them as important and vital as the other.
I've shared a parent's frustrations when their child chooses not to respond positively and also have shared great excitement with a student when a much needed change in their academic and behavior performance occurs.
I do enjoy surrounding myself with enthusiastic learners and collaborators who is as committed, if not more so, to hard work and who also has the ability to laugh at themselves and the circumstances we find ourselves in.
My experiences, skills and strengths have found a place for them to be used. As I write this, this opportunity provides me with room for much personal growth.
While it has been frustrating to work on additional credits needed before I can start my licensing program, this experience provides me with plenty of opportunities to exercise self-restraint and a much more focused level of energy towards the frustrations and muddied tasks often associated with working towards a goal
I've also met many younger, and older than me taking courses at the community college. We have found a collective reason to laugh at our experiences together. But I can honestly say, I did so much better in grad school than I did and currently performing in a college level class.
I actually find humor in this experience but oh well...
For many years, I've enjoyed evaluating where I am in life.
It's neat to see the progress I've made, albeit simple they may appear. And in some aspects of my life, I still find a continuous and common trend to which I am still experiencing today.
But I can also see where my confidence and ability to face my circumstances have improved significantly.
This simple progress has also provided me with an explosion of opportunities I would have never expected! Especially as I re-read my journal entries from years ago.
Reading my journal entries 10 years ago brought me a lot of laughter. The faces of the names and my treasured experiences with them came flooding back.
I must admit, there are names in my journal I can no longer attach any faces to but I will always be thankful for having written our experiences together.
In the years I have been keeping a journal, it is really quite refreshing and rejuvenating to see the growth I have accomplished while recognizing I still have so much more to learn and do.
These past several years have provided me with many learning experiences, some of which have been quite painful and frustrating. But I can honestly admit, I am happier because of them.
And right now, where I am in my life at this very moment, I can say I am happily at peace.
I can say this because of the many individuals this year who have allowed me to be part of their lives.
In the past few months alone, there have been individuals who have provided me the needed strength, reminder, and quiet confidence I was greatly in need of.
These individuals who stopped by momentarily along my personal journey has help me move forward.
I will always have a profound love and gratitude for their tenacity towards me and their simple yet remarkable character.
Why? There are plenty of reasons to cite but primarily this-- Of all the folks they could have chosen to spend their time with, they chose to spend their precious and limited time with me when I needed it most.





No comments:
Post a Comment