Today is my day off and what have I accomplished? Nothing. I've been sitting on my reclining chair reading my friends blogs and laughing myself silly!
If you want to know why I'd been laughing myself silly, just read the blogs attached on my blog.
Erin teaches English in the Middle of Nowhere, Iwate Ken. Hop teaches English in Nevada.
I really do need to step up my writing skills especially now that I am planning on becoming an English language teacher. It seems like I've opened up a Pandora's box wby looking for programs that have international certification in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL/TESOL). I have no idea where to start.
I was supposed to clean my house today but I decided that since I've worked myself sick this past week, I could use doing nothing to relax before starting another busy week at work.
Last Saturday was the final competition for the Misawa Idol. A copycat, and very unprofessional version of the popular American Idol; the lone male singer was told to take his shirt off by one of the female judges. Me being me, I approached the female judge after the competition and informed her that her comment was very unprofessional. Had it been a male judge telling a female performer to take her shirt off, it would be a different story with different consequences.
She replied that she was only saying what the audience have said in previous competitions, I told her that I didn't care. It was still wrong and unprofessional. Her reply? "I don't care either and you can just walk away, now". She told her fellow judges what I said and they laughed like silly school girls.
Had she been military, and if needed to which I decided wasn't, I could have taken a more direct course for reprimand based on her blatant disregard. But because she isn't military and falls under different supervision, I could only talk to her about her unprofessionalism.
Besides that I had a great weekend, which brings me to my next point, I better go clean my house before the day truly ends...it is now way past noon...
UPDATE:
Since typing this entry (which was just completed this morning) I was notified by a friend that the lady judge apologized for her comment. She and her fellow judges had a few too much to drink.