Monday, July 02, 2007

Hello again!

Many of you have been asking how I am doing. I am doing well. I can't believe how fast time has flown. Three years is just around the corner.

The past three years has been such a ride! I couldn't have expected anything more or less than what I have gone through.

To summarize just a few of my experiences personally and professionally:

- Went to the Sea of Japan twice. This past weekend I went to the Oga Peninsula, and enjoyed the awesome view. I'd like to go back and go snorkeling at least. I didn't have a change of clothes so I just jumped in the ocean. I enjoyed the warm water.

- I have enjoyed or at least learned to love many of my assignments in the Air Force. I enjoy working with the First Term Airmen and also the visiting cadets during the summer. Someone mentioned that I have met and worked with over 1,000 of these young men and women. They are truly inspiring and motivated in what they do. They volunteered to join the military in a post 9-11 era.

I have learned more than I bargained for. But first and foremost the most valuable lesson I learned is the importance of dealing and working with people. I wouldn't trade these for anything else.

The future of the Air Force is good with the quality of cadets I have met these past three years. For example, a group of us were watching a movie when the most exciting part of the movie came up. It was also nearing to the conclusion of the movie. I brought up the fact that their curfew was nearing as well. One of the cadets said: Integrity first states that we leave now. I left it for them to make the decision. Without haste or any rationalizing they decided to leave. I couldn't have been more privileged to be associated with them. One told me that they didn't want me to get in trouble. I reminded them that they shouldn't base their decision on my account but on what is right.

They made the correct decision.

One asked: what would you have done if we decided to stay?
My response: I would have said let's go.

- Then we didn't have a choice
- Actually you did. You made the decision to leave and follow curfew

What a remarkable group of young men and women they are. As they continue to exhibit integrity, they will be tried but they will be okay. I am confident that as they exercise their ability to choose correctly, they will be successful in anything they do.

I respect these young men and women.

So everyone, this is the latest on me. Nothing specific, but just thoughts about my experiences.

Till later.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...