Friday, August 08, 2008

Beautiful Job, China!

I loved watching the opening ceremony! Brought back memories of my experiences with the 2002 Winter Games here in SLC.

It was very entertaining and creative. I was impressed to see the number of athletes represent their country. I believe it was Pakistan (or Palestine?) that only had one athlete to represent their country but his smile and excitement of being there can be seen on his face. I believe he enthusiastically had enough excitement for a country with more athletes!


Team USA had a warm reception. I was impressed to hear about Lopez Lomong who was the flag carrier. He is a product of what's good about the Olympics.

I believe the 9-year old boy with Yao Ming represents what the Olympics really is about-- remembering that common everyday deeds can have lasting effect on others. Lin Hao went back to save some of his classmates from the rubble of the recent earthquake because he was the hall monitor. He recognized his duty and didn't think anything more of it.

------

On Gallivan Plaza, there are two big screen tv-- courtesy of Salt Lake City's Sidewalk Cinema. It's good to see Matt Harding bring a smile to my face every morning!

Check out why: http://www.stridegum.com/#/mattsplace/

1 comment:

Skylar & Mariann Swank said...

You can babysit, but I think we are kind of far away.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...