Tuesday, August 05, 2008

One week in Paradise

Yes, if Waterwold (the Kevin Costner movie?) would come to reality, I'd like to propose we move it to Lake Powell.


Me on my first try.
Not really. I couldn't even get up even when they tied the board on the waverunner. But I must say, that I was content at being dragged on the water.


How I destroyed my camera. The ziploc bag didn't close all the way. Oh well. Enjoyed it though. They also found my driver's license floating on the water. Good thing I went with a group.

Tried to go swimming to a similar path which was a lot deeper, which meant I would have had to use my great frog-like-swimming skills since I had to go underwater.

But the water was too cold. The folks coming back from the trail we wanted to go under were all shivering. Ashley, 12 years old, was braver than I. I told her that if she went, I'd go with her. She almost did-- but prevailing heads (mainly Shayne) convinced us not to continue. Since I really don't have great swimming skills without me floaters and vest, me thought the risk wasn't enough to merit the gamble.


Just another way of not getting wet. Or I could also say-- my preparation to be the next Ninja Warrior!

Or see www.g4tv.com/ninjawarrior


Shayne and his family invited me to join them for their family reunion in Lake Powell this summer (June 2008). I met and became friends with his family while living in Japan. This is where we stayed-- 10 adults and a lot of kids. I enjoyed sleeping on the deck-- especially that one night when we had an 80 mph gust come through all throughout the evening without rest. His brother Moose (Ryan) and I stayed up most of the night watching and re-adjusting the anchors. It was a blast of an adventure though! Pardon the pun.

I also peeled-- my first time ever of getting sunburnt. Finally, now I know what the big deal is. Lucky for me, it wasn't painful, just peeled. Felt like a snake shedding my new skin. Not that I know what it feels like to be a snake...




Aah, the wave runner. My personal treasure. Since I don't have any pictures of me jumping the waves and doing a 360, I'd like to say that--- no I really didn't do those.

I did enjoy going 2 miles to the floating rest room. We had 2 bathrooms on the boat, but why go there when you can go on the floating toilet? If someone was to ask me what my favorite memory was of this trip--- you guessed it-- my early and late night trips to the floating bathroom. Oh yeah!


Taken inside a natural cave we found.

3 comments:

Skylar & Mariann Swank said...

Looks like you had fun. I've always wanted to go to Lake Powell. Did you go with the Stokes? We have your picture and need your address so we can send it to you. Its still wrapped up from moving. We will be coming to UT for Christmas but its too big for our car.

rhondi44 said...

Looks like a total blast...I'm sure the houseboat experience with all of those kids was interesting. Sounds like a weeknight at our house (minus the floating bathrooms). Glad you got a chance to do that!!

JRome said...

Yes I had a blast! The kids made it even more memorable.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...