Thursday, July 10, 2008

Aah, good day it is.

I woke up this morning with a smile on my face. I tried to stop it but it didn't help that wherever I went, I saw people smiling back.

This week I've been testing different public transportation routes to get to and from work. It takes me an hour to do so instead of the 15 minutes it takes me to drive to work-- but I do get to re-allocate my gas budget to my savings and pay off my debts.

On Monday, I took route 13 and took my bike. On 900 South and 1100 East I got off and rode my bike to the gym which was about a mile away. Then from the gym I rode my bike to the TRAX station (it was only two blocks-sad I know), then rode my bike to work which was uphill. This by far was my favorite day as I rode my bike home. It took me 30 minutes since I was going downhill for most of the time. I could have made it faster but I took my time.

Tuesday- I drove my car to run some errands afterwards.

Wednesday- I took a different bus home from the gym and caught another to my house, where I met some folks that lived in my complex.

Thursday (today)- I took a bus to 4500 South TRAX station and transfered to another light rail taking me to the University. I almost missed the bus as I saw it on the stoplight, I ran and puffed my way to the bus stop.
When I got to campus, here's where I cheated. I waited for a campus shuttle to take me to work. There was a stop right in front of my building so I couldn't really pass that off. Had I walked I would have made it in about the same time.

Friday- I don't know yet. I'll probably try another route.

So far, I've been able to go to the gym for at least 30 minutes. Two more days and I would have accomplished my goal of going 5 times a week for a month. I only got to stay yesterday for 30 minutes but earlier of the week, I was there for an hour. I'm taking it on day-to-day basis.

I also need to remember to eat lunch as I get too caught up at work and don't do so. I do eat breakfast and make a late lunch or early dinner when I get home.

I'm really enjoying my responsibilities at my work and I get to go on a 2-day conference next week. It's here on campus but I get to meet professionals who are experts in e-learning. I'm stoked!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...