My neighbor Aaron just moved in, he has an 8 year old son. He and I played tennis on the tennis court in front of my apartment last night. We were joined by our younger neighbors Aaron (10) and his cousin Ben (9). I've never played a funner game of tennis especially when the two young kids became our unofficial ball boys. They were so awesome! They knew nothing about tennis (not that I'm saying I know more) but that didn't deter them from enjoying the game and having fun. I think I am now only beginning to share that same attitude.
The two kids and I rotated turns trying to beat the older Aaron. I was glad he didn't mind that I allowed the two kids to crash our game.
After the game, which was about 9 pm, I came home sweating and tired only to find that the door I left unlocked was now locked. My wallet, keys and phone were all inside. I couldn't break in-- I think I'm losing my skills. Knowing that my roommates usually came home around 11 pm I decided to walk around my apartment complex and watched the softball game playing at the park accross our complex.
After having traversed around my apartment complex a million times, I decided that it best that I just wait for my roommates in front of our apartment where the swingset and slide was. I got dizzy.
All of a sudden, I found myself falling off the swing-- I had fallen asleep. I began to scout for a better part of the jungle where I could sleep for the night-- the monkey bars, the picnic table, the bench or the slide? It won't be the first time this happened.
I think I was beginning to scare some folks which only made me laugh! I'm sure they thought I was weird--I was expecting to see the cops soon. My other neighbor Aaron drove up with his yellow Vespa home from work (a different Aaron) and saw me. It was almost past midnight. He let me stay at his apartment, we watched a movie, Final Inquiry, laughed at the silliness and bad acting (Dolph Lundgren was in it), stopped watching it, and then he tried to teach me how to play Halo 3. He gave up on me. He went back to hang out with his friend. I don't blame him as she was a lot prettier than I was, and was also a bit more drunk than me. I was laughing so hard at just how silly they both were. He assured me that she's as silly even when she isn't drunk!
It was neat just hanging out with the two of them. They are actually the most receptive of my neighbors as they don't mind that I chill or just laugh with them.
I went back to check on my apartment, the note I had written was gone so I banged on the door and my roommates windows.
Alas, my roommate Tom opened the door having awoken him from his slumbered state. He is such a funny guy! I love that kid.
It was 2 am when I finally got home, then woke up at 5:30 to get ready for work.
P.s. I just realized that all the characters on this entry are named Aaron. I assure you that they were all three different individuals and not a figment of my imagination. Another thing, I'm now even more convinced that Aaron, along with David, will not be a name I use when I have a son.
I'm beginning to see a pattern here. Most of my friends are either named Aaron or David.
No comments:
Post a Comment