Saturday, July 05, 2008

I'm Engaged

A few days ago, after coming home from class, I noticed a U-Haul truck on the parking lot. I saw a lady moving some heavy boxes so I asked her if I could help. She said yes.

Her husband and daughter later came. The daughter was moving to her new place from St. George. I introduced myself and asked how she was doing, she looked at me and said "I'm engaged, and this is my fiancee's place".

I was taken back by her reply and the emphasis she placed on the word fiancee, so I smiled and said "Uh. Congratulations".

I continued helping and got to know the father and her fiancee and me being me I introduced myself again and asked her for her name. Again she said, "I have a fiancee".

I wanted to keep pushing her buttons but I decided to focus my energy instead in moving the queen size box frame, computer desk and bookcase. I left right after that.

I believe the girl said she was engaged so many times that I stopped caring trying to find out anything more about her. But the parents were nice. I left right after that.

Thought I'd include something funny for today's entry.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...