Two of us have been trying to convince our other that he needed to throw away his TV dinners. Not that we have anything against TV dinners, it's just that they had 2006 as the expiration date. Now, I know that some of you know about my microwaving food with mold and eating them. But I must also thank you for saving my life by making me promise never to do that again. Besides, I was living in Japan and I was hungry...
So, for many months, we have been reminding him of the dangers of food poisoning. But since he hasn't touched them in two years, I decided to take matters in my own hand. Last week I gave him until Friday to eat it or throw it away. He had a week. I reminded him again Thursday night.
Come Friday afternoon, after returning home from work, this is what I found in our freezer:

I was on the floor laughing!
It bought him 2 more hours but then I sent him a text:
After considerable deliberation, the jury reached a final decision. They are found guilty of being expired too long and must vacate the premises. May they lay in the garbage in peace.
Yesterday, after experiencing a gut wrenching lesson on mercy, I decided I needed to do likewise. I replaced the TV dinners I threw away with new ones. Here's hoping he eats them within the next 6 months.
No comments:
Post a Comment