As I mentioned previously, I learned a valuable, though gut wrenching, lesson on mercy yesterday, an important lesson I hope to never go through again but I'm sure I will. Next time though it may just be packaged differently.
After taking a time out and going to the temple, I was impressed that I needed to be thankful for this experience.
I must admit, it was hard to be thankful, but after changing my attitude and mindset, I decided to show more gratitude by counting the things I am thankful for. I couldn't help but be amazed at the strength and peace I received. I found strength beyond my own and also from those I reached out to. It was a lesson on humility, and a hard realization I need not go through it alone.
As an additional side note, this morning I went to visit a couple of my dear friends who are moving. They called me last night to catch up before they left. I've considered them as valuable mentors and strength these past few months I've come to know them. They are from Kansas, and Canada respectively.
Driving to work, I couldn't help but reflect upon the many like them who have been great additions and positive contributors in my life. The words to a special song came to my mind.
So to all of you who are doing the best with what you have and also for being a valuable part of my life, I thank you for being you and most important of all for helping me stay in sane. Wait-- NOT INsane, but as in the state of sanity.
Click here and press the play icon to listen.
1 comment:
Jerome - You are a great guy. You don't even realize the influence you have on others for good. Thanks for being awesome.
Post a Comment