Tuesday, December 09, 2008

I-c-y Road

I was busy at work when I had a brain fart, or a more professional term would be-- hmmm. I guess I'm having another brain fart...

For some reason I struggled with spelling icy road. I debated between i-c-e-y, or i-c-y for a few minutes. So I asked my co-worker who used to be an English teacher for high school kids:

How do you spell "icy road"?

She replied:

I- C- Y

I gave her the look, and asked:

What?

CW: I- C- Y

I guess I had a blank stare because she repeated it again with a twinge of emphasis.

I- C- Y

I began to get agitated that she was asking me a question:

You see what?!!

And after a few more times of exchanges like this, we enjoyed a good laugh at that one. I realized she was spelling it for me and not saying:

I See Why

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...