Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I love USAA!

I was on my way to Idaho using a Hertz rental car. Checking my account, they overcharged me $400. I called the representative located at the downtown Marriot hotel.

Her response was not very helpful. I decided to drive back and return the car. I went with Avis instead.

Avis didn't have any hidden fees but a flat rate for my rental. Hertz told me one thing but charged additional exorbitant fees, doubling the rental price.

Needless to say, I was not a happy camper hence my decision of returning the vehicle less than an hour of driving it.

For two days I tried to get my money back. After getting several runarounds with different operators. I called my bank and explained to them my situation. Greg W., USAA rep, called Hertz for me.

We spoke to someone and I again explained my situation. The Hertz representative was defensive. She mentioned that according to their records, I was told such and such. I gave her a name of someone else I spoke with that told me that I could get my money back today over the phone instead of in 5 days. She replied "We don't have -insert name of rep-- working here."

But having USAA on the other line, I was able to get my money back. Greg didn't do or say anything but his being on the other line got me the result I needed in less than 10 minutes. In contrast, I've been trying to get my money back from Hertz for two days without success.

On yet another USAA glorious moment, I was in the middle of a payment transaction, when the cashier at the University noticed my USAA card. We spent more than 30 minutes talking about what we loved about USAA. Her husband was prior service as well and their family uses USAA for their banking needs.

I don't know of any other bank that someone can gush about like I do.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...