Turkey day was a sleepy day. I decided not to have it in my apartment as I felt I needed a break. I went to someone's house, brought the smoke turkey which I purchased from the Calvary Baptist Church, my homemade mashed potatoes and all my dinner plates. We ended up having 4 turkeys and about 12 folks together from our apartment complex.
Friday- Finally got a Christmas tree, Carrying it over my shoulder made me feel like a wild man. Even though I didn't use an axe and I only carried it from across the streets. Oh and it was only 6 foot tall.
Saturday- helped 3 families move (10-7 pm). Yikes, and ouch but great. It felt good knowing that I wasn't at home watching TV but doing something productive. Though my back aches, it's good pain.
I also went bowling with some of the ladies in my neighborhood right afterward. Got a 171. Guess bowling every month for three years with the Air Force's newest recruits is paying off.
My roommate and I completed decorating our tree and apartment. Our tree tends to lean so we jimmy rigged it. Now it somewhat stands straight. Hopefully it doesn't fall on anyone.
Sunday- helped 1 family from Uruguay move in.
Also my next door neighbor helped me with my hometeaching visit. He's awesome. He's not a member of my Church and not interested in the Church but likes to serve and help wherever he can. He and his wife have a 4-year old daughter that only speaks Russian to me but to everyone else she speaks English. Can't figure that one out. I had dinner at their house last night and was asked when I'll be hosting Sunday dinners again for folks in our complex. I guess I need to get going again...There's a family from Albania I'd like to get to know better.
Also, I got locked out my apartment again. Yes again. You can say that both of my roommates have had the opportunity of teaching me the importance of locking our house down. This time though it was only from 3pm to 10 pm. Last time it happened I got locked out until 2 am! I left my keys in my house when my roommate left. It was an honest mistake. I had to calm my roommate down as he felt really bad. Believing he was traumatized enough, I didn't see the need of telling him about my frantically knocking and running from everyone's door so I could find a toilet I can sit on.
I figure there's nothing worth stealing but again, that's what I thought before my car stereo got stolen. This time another neighbor and friend suggested that I get the Realtor lock box. I'll get one today.
I finally got in when I got hold of my other roommate who moved out. He's awesome as he drove from his new home to let me in. He asked if I wanted the key back. I said no, keep it in case I get locked out again :)
Monday- What happened to my 4 day weekend?
2 comments:
Sounds eventful and fun. I am with you: where did the weekend go? Love the background to your blog and the music. Gotta love Charlie Brown.
yeah, thanksgiving week has gone so fast! I didn't even had the chance to update my blog 'coz so freakin' busy eh! then saw ur blog update and i'm with you on this one! I probably have the same story to tell, hehehe! duh, we're in america!
Post a Comment