Friday, December 07, 2007

Alltel Wireless

I thought I was making a good decision by switching phone companies. Since I'm not a big fan of cellphone contracts, I'd been looking and searching for the best pre-paid phones.

I found Alltel Wireless. I made the order and called today to follow-up. After calling 11 times, being transferred and then getting disconnected, I finally got a hold of someone only to be told that I had to be transferred again, and then get disconnected...

At least I didn't have to go through several voice prompts like AT&T has or Sprint. Let alone T-Mobile. I guess, that's what I get for believing their commercial. In their defense though, several of the sales/customer reps I spoke with apologized and kept saying they understood.

Big companies are all the same bureaucratic at best.

Turns out they don't have coverage in Utah.

---- UPDATE----
After entering the above blog, I called Alltel again (for the 13th time) ready to cancel my order. But after speaking with Chasity Y. from North Carolina, she walked me through the process of figuring things out without transferring me to another department and then getting disconnected. Her calm demeanor, professionalism, and listening skills helped me keep the cellphone-- and Yes, I have a totally different area code.

What can I say, I'm a sucker for outstanding customer relations skills.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...