So I got myself a library card with the Salt Lake Libary. I like how open it feels. Natural light due to the large glass windows make it open and inviting. Each floor has a corner with three levels of fireplace. There are different people from various walk of life. It's pretty diverse and I enjoy it.
I also found a place, my future home: Sugarhouse. It's a neighborhood of Salt Lake City that's reminiscent of Tacoma Washington with a hint of Berkley California. There's a lot of organic stores and alot more organized than Murray Utah. I will move here next June.
There's been a lot of talks on the radio, tv and print media about Mitt Romney and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. At times negative and quite belligerent, as exhibited by Lawrence O'Donnell. I wonder at times where they get their facts. I've learned that to have a conversation with someone like him is entirely non-essential as he will not really listen to anyone else but himself. I sure do hope that facts play more air time than just someone blowing off steam because they can.
So I got myself a library card. I got a print out of the New York Time's Top 5 Best Selling list. I also am going to be spending the next two weeks prepping for the GRE. Wish me luck. I got two weeks to study for them as I will be taking it in January. By the way, I am also applying to the Utah State University's MSW program.
I am rebelling by staying in the library as long as I can. I was only planning on staying here for an hour but since I lost my ticket to the parking garage, I have to pay a full day's worth of fee. Yup, I'm a rebel all right. Aaah, brings back the days of when I'd sit in class and talk my mouth off because I got in trouble when it should have been the two kids behind me that were talking. I was reading a book but the sub became fixated with me all of sudden. So he placed my desk in the middle of the room. I was so livid that I read out loud.
I also watched a Japanese movie at the free movie showing they had. Every third Saturday, they show an international film for free. In January, it's Russia, and February it's a movie from China. The Japanese movie, Dare mo Shiraina, was about 4 kids whose mother left them. The oldest kid had to provide for them. The most poignant part was when his youngest sister died due to an accident (fell of a chair and hit her head). They placed her in a suitcase and buried her close to the Narita Airport. Everyone was crying.
So here's my week in a nutshell (sorry Hop. I hope you don't sue me for copyright infringement with that closing statement).
No comments:
Post a Comment