Sunday, December 16, 2007

Something Cool

I went to the Air National Guard's website to learn more of the opportunities with them. The following is a transcript that was sent to me:

I've deleted some of it due to some privacy issues.

Chat Transcript

info: A national ANG chat operator will be with you momentarily.
info: Welcome to ANG Chat. You are now chatting with 'Celia'

Celia: Aloha, Welcome to the Air National Guard Chat room. How may I help you?

you: Hi Celia! I recently separated from Active Duty Air Force as a 1st Lt and have moved to SLC. Are there any positions out here (GS, Guard etc...)? Who do I need to talk to?

you: I'm planning on getting a Master in Social Work to be a licensed therapist.

Celia: Here is a page you can look up what jobs are available in any unit you choose. Select the state you are looking for and this will bring you to a screen with all of the units assigned within that state. Click on the unit's name hyperlink and you will be brought to a page with information about that particular unit. Click on the header for jobs and it will show you all of the jobs currently available at that unit.

Celia: http://www.goang.com/careers/
Celia: AIR NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 10 JOBS
Celia: http://www.ang.af.mil/OM/Career/
Celia: Did you resign your commission?

you: I resigned from Active Duty but I have my Reserves Commission.

you: Copy that. What else do I need to do? I've been off it for two months.

Celia: how long did you serve USAF?

you: 3 years.

you: No negative ratings or reports.

you: Honorable discharge- force shaping.

Celia: why did you get out?

you: My career field was one that was part of the board.

you: cuts

Celia: ---- Officer positions are hard to come by and they will usually select from within the ANG before they select fromn the outside

you: Copy that.

you: Do I need an official letter from the doctor stating that I've been off it for 6 months?

you: Also, what about GS positions?

Celia: yes, and then you will go to the ANG medical review board to see if they will accept you. The GS positions are connected to a military position.

----

Celia: you need to be in the ANG to apply for those positions

you: Roger that. I was recently diagnosed in March shortly after I found out I was getting cut.

Celia: that's messed up!!!! are you receiving any disability?

you: Not yet. I'm in the process of completing my paperworks.

you: Thanks for agreeing.

you: My sq cc told me that I worked hard all these three years and all I got was a boot :)

you: I didn't even get an award from my flight commander.

you: But it's okay. I didn't serve for the awards.

you: You've answered most of my questions, Celia. Thank you.

Celia: the good ones never do!

Celia: Mahalo, Thank you for chatting. Aloha

you: Why do you say that? You don't even know me. Are you sure?

Celia: Mele Kalikimaka - Happy Holidays

you: You too!

Celia: I can feel it, I was a recruiter for over 16 years.....we know

Celia: take care

you: Thanks. That just made my day! Merry Christmas to you also there in Hawaii. I'll send you some snow.

Celia: brrrrrr


----

I like the part when said I was a good officer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a funny one

From Josh

JRome said...

Thanks Josh-y

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...