So I think I overworked myself at the gym the other day. Why? Because I cannot walk. I haven't been able to for 2 days! My calves are not just burning, they're dead. If I wave my hands above my head, I look like a skinny gorilla walking around crazy.
Thank goodness my roommate had an extra wheelchair for me to use around the house.
Today in Sunday School we studied the history of the Bible. We discussed the events leading to its translation and the deaths of those that tried. I decided to go to the married class instead of the single adults. I rebelled and left the single adult class as they were going to spend the rest of their time talking about New Years resolution. Yes, call me judgemental but I wanted to learn in Sunday School and not socialize. Perhaps there was more to the lesson but I'm glad I left and went to the other class.
How the Bible Came To Be
part 1
part 2
part 3
part 4
part 5
The list goes on to part 8. Those interested in learning more can go to www.lds.org, choose gospel library and type in How the Bible Came To Be in the search box.
Another good article is The Miracle of the Holy Bible written by M. Russell Ballard, one of the Church's leaders.
I also visited my mission president and wife in Kaysville. We talked about mission experiences. He said he remembers my unique personality, persistence, intelligent, and outgoing. He also talked about my directness. I translated that to be my bluntness. I had a lot of growing experiences because of my bluntness.
We laughed and enjoyed each other's company. They haven't aged one bit. It was good to become reacquainted with them again.
I also spent some time with friends from Misawa. We talked about the culture shock of being in Utah. It really is a different experience. Now I understand why so many had negative experiences about Utah. But that's about to change now that Jerome's in town...bwa ha ha ha.
No comments:
Post a Comment